I’m eating it as I type.
Hmm… I used three little dot thingies in the title. Have you ever noticed that most people type those little dot like this… when they should be typed like this… It’s kind of like those hyphens. Hyphen-like thingies– Wait, what was I talking about?
Oh yeah– winning. (See how I used alt+- rather than -? That’s the correct hyphen-thing for that grammatical use. But I’m terrible at figuring out where to put parenthesis… is this good?) Anyways, the decision for the winner of Mivsie’s Photo Contest was (guess what) incredibly hard. Here’s what I thought of the three entries:
• GB’s Entry: I think this really used symbolism and metaphors of sorts to depict the literal definition of Life. Basically, things that are defined by the six characteristics of life(as we know it). It had a cute mouse in it. There were plants and eggs and things like that. It was a really cool translation. A cool interpretation.
• Aranera’s Entry: I liked this one because it depicted ‘life’ as the social construct used by most animals (on this planet) to live their lives. See? Life. A day in the life. It was nice to see that the little dog, Clara Kenneth, in her photos had a good life. It looks like she has friends, and food, and a family. These are important in life, right? The pictures were also taken with a cool filter that gave them an interesting and in-depth look. They looked almost as though they had been seen through a dream, which made them fun to look at. Another cool interpretation.
•Dawn’s Entry: I thought that Dawn’s entry really conveyed life in the way that it showed a mother feeding her baby. It looked like the poor mama had been up all night, getting out of bed to feed her kitten, trying to get some sleep, etc. However, she still takes care of this little life form that she helped to make. She feeds her offspring. The composition and angle of the photo was also cute. It makes the mama look small and insignificant, although she has enough power to care for her young. Another cool interpretation.
Everyone did really great. So let me announce the winner… *drumroll*… And it is…
Dawn! Yay! Thanks to everyone who participated!
Okay, here’s a badge for you, Dawn:
And everyone who participated can try and nab this badge for your website:
I mean, if you can… try dragging onto your desktop and then uploading it to your photostream or website’s sidebar. Or just leave it there to admire! 🙂
And if you’re really devoted, then blow one up and print it out for your wall! 😉
She’s says thanks to all the participants!
Have a good rest of your life and keep reading,
So, I’ve had the idea for a long time that Mivise should hold a photo contest! 🙂
The theme would be ‘Life’, and could be interpreted in any way, such as a scenic picture with Sylvanians or some other sort of critter, a photo story, etc, as long as it has to do with pictures, a story can be a legal entry.
The rules are as follows:
1. It must include Sylvanians, sock monkeys, or small-ish critters of any sort.
2. Each entry must pertain to the theme, and only one entry is allowed per contestant.
3. The entry must be posted on your website or photostream. If you are skilled with HTML codes, you could even post it in the comments here, on my photo contest post. 😀
4. To enter, comment on this post, and then post a link to the entry or the entry itself.
5. Tag your post or photo (if possible) #mivsiesphotocontest or Mivsie’s Photo Contest
6. Don’t enter if you feel lazy or don’t feel like it, the prize is pointless.
7. ENTRIES DUE JANUARY 24!!!!!!
8. Have fun! :love:
Since I don’t have a good way to give people prizes or anything, you just get your entry re-blogged/posted on my blog with a link to your website, or else your pen-name and a little photo badge to put on your site’s sidebar if you have one. So… yup. Have fun if you enter! 🙂
I’ve decided to occasionally post with the tag ‘photo journal’, because I enjoy drawing and photography. He decidido escribir en occasión con la etiqueta ‘photo journal’, porque me gusta dibujar y la fotografía. Today I will publish a few photos I took. Hoy voy a publicar algunas fotos que tomé. Eh.. I’ll have better ones next time. 😉 Eh, voy I tener fotos más buenas la próxima ves. 😉
I hope nobody minds me accidentally posting twice in one day, let’s just say that this was pre-scheduled. (it was!)